Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl?

Oddly, as I get older the lure of watching sports all the time seems to wane. Don't get me wrong - I'm still a rabid Mizzou and KC Chiefs fan and will continue to try and schedule my life around those games - but my desire to watch other sporting events which don't involve "my" teams is fading.

I can remember back some years ago when I could just plop down in front of the TV on a Saturday or Sunday and watch football from morning till night. It wouldn't matter if the St. Mary's School for the Blind was playing the Eastern Vermont Technical College of Applied Biochemistry, I would probably watch. Usually if there was a TV on with sports, I would gravitate towards it, regardless if it was an out of market NBA game, a hockey game or even a nap inducing baseball game.

Now, I find myself very uninterested in the Super Bowl. The past few years I've been more excited to watch the commercials and really just go to Super Bowl get togethers for the "get together" rather than the game. Its not that I won't be rooting for the Arizona Cardinals this time around (they have the better underdog story), but I really don't care if I miss the game. Weird...

At least the weather cleared up for this weekend. We might even hit 50 degree's tomorrow! I'm expecting to see some people in shorts. Crazy b@stards!

I do have 2 movie recommendations. Now, many of you know that my recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt, as I tend to be a forgiving movie critic. Some of you may have heard my infamous line "If you take it for what it is" when referencing a movie. I guess I like the general experience of getting away from reality that movies have so I like/tolerate most movies. Wait, there is a movie I watched recently that I didn't really enjoy as much as I thought I would: Be Kind Rewind. I really wanted to laugh...but didn't really laugh that much. I did like the Sweded movie montages tho.

Ok, so the 1st 2 movies on my 2009 Must See List are Slumdog Millionaire and Taken. Both are fun movies with very different tones. Slumdog is definitely a date movie, I took my favorite dates: Handgela and Palmala. They are always up for a good time.

Definitely take time to see Slumdog and if you are in a vengeful mood, check out Taken. Time to put a ring on'em. Have a great weekend folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment