Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome to the year of the Ox!

Moo! Or in my case...Mizzou. Happy new year my dear readers (if there are any out there). 2009 is upon us, and I'm still writing 2008 on everything. Lets check the list to see if I got the new year started right:

1) Got blood work completed Check (The results came back...HUSKY)
2) Got my car "winterized" Check (oddly, something I never had to do in CA)
3) Got moved in Check (I'm now in my new "dorm room")
4) Froze to death Check (30 F'ing degrees! And it was a nice day)

This morning I drove from my brother's place in Olathe Kansas (just south of Kansas City) and decided to keep an unofficial and maybe slightly racist tally. I decided to try and keep tract of how many Asian drivers I noticed on my 2 hour drive east to Columbia.

Drum roll please.........

Zero.

Interestingly enough though, I did see an Asian lady milling around the parking lot of the grocery store near my aunt's house. Now, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my not-so-scientific research study, I was just wondering if I had magically been transported back to California. Alas, it was not so.

Nothing else too eventful today. I did head over to the community college where I'll be knocking out a couple of my requirements (anatomy, physiology) but unfortunately they academic advisers were all locked up so I have to head back over there in the morning to finish registering.

A few months ago I would have been miffed at the idea of having to "go back" somewhere, but since going halfway across town only takes about 9 minutes...I think I can handle this minor setback.

Ok, enough academics, lets talk about something a little more fun...New Years Eve festivities!

I'm not sure where ya'll were but I decided to hit up a chill lil spot in LA. I didn't get in many pictures since the night was so crazy...shoot, it was so ill that sometimes it feel like I wasn't even there. Man, maybe I blacked out or something.

Oh well, here are a couple pictures, I'm kinda in the back ground, see if you can pick me out.








Where's Hoze B? Did you find me? If you did, you get the grand prize. A body roll from me to you. Ready? Skee-dush! (Don't know if that's a word, but that's what I imagine a body roll would sound like).

I've decided to try to end each blog with a song lyric that somewhat fits my mood as I wrap up writing. We'll call it the "SLTSFMM" (Hmm...that kinda looks like "sluts fame"). Ok boys and girls here the first official SLTSFMM from Boy Gaga (we won't count the MC Breed reference from the earlier post):

Don't trust a ho,
Never trust a ho,
Won't trust a ho,
Cause a ho won't trust me.

"Don't trust me" by 3OH!3

No comments:

Post a Comment