Saturday, January 24, 2009

If you like it...


Well, I just recently got back from Mizzou Arena to watch the Tigers win over Texas Tech 97-86. A thoroughly enjoyable game, Mizzou lead the whole way so it was definitely fun to watch. My brother came into town and we got some last minute tickets with a couple buddies from college. We ended up sitting 1 row from the top of the Arena, but the arena is designed in such as way that the seats were actually pretty good. We were near half court and had a great view of the action. Pretty nice view for a 15k capacity stadium. I will definitely check out a few more basketball games this year, and try to get to all of the football games this fall.

I also got a great phone call from some folks in California. Thanks again for calling ya'll, it made a good day even better (and hope ya'll had fun in Beverly Hills)! I will cap off today by hitting the town tonight as well. Not really sure what we're going to do. Since Columbia is a big college town, we don't want to be "the old guy" at the club, so we'll probably try and check out some lounges. There supposedly a cafe that spins some good music at night, so we'll pop in and see what that's all about (I'll update on how that turns out).

The game and the phone call got me thinking though. As I settle more into a routine here, I don't want my blog to get even more boring than it already is, so I'll try and do a couple new things.

As an ode to Beyonce, I've decided that when I think of something I like or like to do, I'll "put a ring on it" (more on this below). Also, I'll definitely let ya'll know what shinnanigans I get into out here, to hopefully entice visitors out my way. There's got to be more to do out here than cow tipping...and by golly, I will find it!

Well, before I go do some studying (I have 3 tests next week) lets get into it real quick. As the ancient philosophers used to say..."If you like it, then you better put a ring on it":



Jamocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream. Need I say more? Put a ring on it!


Mizzou Tiger Football. Season is barely over and I can't wait for it to start again! MIZ...ZOU!


Red Velvet Cake. Seems like I had this at every wedding and birthday. Now I'm addicted. Ring it up!


Pho. I don't even know where I can get Pho in the state! I used to have a plethora of Vietnamese restaurant options and I took it for granted. I'm so sorry I took you for granted pho! I think I love you...

Boy Gaga out!

No comments:

Post a Comment