Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Gallactica


Well, the one upshot of having a zero social life out here is that I'm able to catch BSG (Battlestar Galactica for you NOOBS out there) when it airs on Friday nights. Yes, I realize that its pathetic that I'll probably be home every Friday, and even sadder to admit it, but I am excited about being able to catch the final 10 episodes of the best show on TV when it airs. Shoot, if I'm going to geek out, I'd better do it 110%! Go hard or go home! (or stay home in my case).

Next week will be a challenge however, because with the MLK holiday on Monday, my Bio class which runs from 5 to 10:30 has been moved to Friday. Luckily, its one of those labs where if you finish early you can leave early. Typically, I'm done by 8:30-8:45 so this should give me ample time to run home and catch it. Whew...that was a close one!

I do invite anyone to catch it if they can, but definitely start from the beginning. I expect very few takers to this offer. I'd say my favorite shows from TV are BSG, The Wire, The Office and How I Met Your Mother. Interestingly, they run the gamut with the differing genres. Dexter is right up there, and I'm trying to finish Arrested Development, which is pretty damn funny as well.

Tho it may seem so, I don't really watch too much TV, my fam here watches a lot of Filipino shows and movies, so I just keep up with some of the shows I like online. I have been watching some Eat Bulaga and other shows on GMA (if you don't know, betta ax sumbody!).

I did enjoy a funny, tho formulaic, Filipino movie called "Big Love". A classic "fat guy who likes a girl but she doesn't like him so he gets a cute trainer to help him get the girl and then the trainer moves to Japan and the fat guy loses all the weight and gets the 1st girl only to realize he was really in love the cute trainer". Check it out if you can, but an understanding of Tagalog may required.

Classes are going well, I've gotten 100% on my first set of quizzes. I've noticed that there is an odd correlation between going to classes and getting good grades. I haven't quite put my finger on it, but it seems I'm doing better in my classes now that I show up for lecture. Hmm...definitely worth investigating further.

Well kids, stay warm out there! And to any folks in California...F all ya'll, I think the coldness broke my face!

SLTSFMM

I’m so addicted to all the things you do
When you’re going down on me in between the sheets
All the sounds you make with every breath you take
It’s not like anything when you’re loving me

"Addicted" by Saving Abel

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll rent that movie you watched and have a Blockbuster night w/ momz and Lyle since he knows more about Filipinos than I do! I'm glad to hear you're doing well in school and I'm lovin the blogs! I need to switch my Xanga huh? Take care Jose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Big Love!" But then again, you can attest to my fascination with corny Tagalog movies from all those times you caught your brother and I watching some at your condo. HA!

    Good job on school so far, Jose. Can I say I'm proud of you now that you have survived your first week?!?! Keep it going!

    P.S.
    Don't hate our weather, it's not our fault you left us!

    ReplyDelete