Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Whats on Strictor's boobtube?

I'm watching The Kite Runner as I blog. Its tough at times since I do have to look up and read some subtitles. Its very good so far...though it makes you want to beat the sh!t out of the lead character in the first act. I guess that's a sign of a good actor, if they can get you to feel different emotions about them.

I've been watching a lot of movies and catching up on TV shows to kill the time. Since we're able to "borrow" a lot of new movies from the internet and with Netflix, I'm getting in a lot of films. I've also been able to watch a lot of TV shows as well, the internet is fantastic, since I don't watch them when they originally air I just look for them streaming somewhere.

Since I would probably make as bad a movie critic as I would a food critic, I'll set up a handy chart to break down how I felt about the movie. Yes, I know I'm notoriously forgiving when it comes to rating movies. Many of you have heard my infamous words: "If you take it for what its worth". I'll try to be a little more critical when recommending movies or shows. But, it should be noted that I am a big escapist when watching movies, so take my recommendations with that in mind.

Reset Button's Rating Scale:


3 Strictor Heads: Watch it or we can't be friends anymore!



2 Strictor Heads:
Definitely try watching if you have time.




1 Strictor Head: Eh, if you take it for what its worth.



Well, here are a few movies I watched lately with my rating. Do enjoy!


I'd forgotten what a crazy and violent movie this was. Very fun movie to watch. Also a great "six degrees" movie trivia game for all the actors in it (That means you F.A.!).



I really wanted to like this movie more, but it just felt lacking. As many of you know I'm a big history and World War II buff, so maybe my expectations were too high.


A very good story and well acted. I should probably have read the book first, but the movie was very good and emotional. I think I may go buy a kite get into some kite flying duels, haven't done that in decades.


This is an awesome Showtime series. I just finished watching season 3. I would highly recommend this show. Its funny, violent and the plot twists are pretty neat. In case you were wondering, its about a
serial killer named Dexter who only preys on murderers. Good stuff!

Sadly, on the TV front, BSG only has 2 more episodes to go...so yes, I'm crying on the inside and outside.

1 comment:

  1. Remind me again why I'm friends with you? You are one weird creature.

    I'll have to watch True Romance again. It's been a long time sine I first saw it. I wanted to read The Kite Runner, too, but I think I'll just watch the movie. Everyone I talked to said it was really good. I'll have to start Dexter and BSG this summer when I have more time. You've seen my TV lineup--no room there.

    Hmmmm...if I don't watch the ones with the 3 strictor heads, does that mean you'll stop being my friend? That may just be incentive NOT to watch. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete