Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Germs germs everywhere!

Well, I was able to add Microbiology today. I didn't get (or maybe didn't check) my school email until after the lecture started at 5 pm so I just headed over to the lab portion at 7:30. I only missed 2 lectures and the 1st lab, but from what classmate told me, I didn't miss much.

I can already tell that the material may be tricky, because while the professor is pretty relaxed and chill, she doesn't give much in terms of direction. The lab should have taken maybe 20 minutes max...but it ran 2.5 hours cause the teacher wasn't very organized and we weren't given much guidance early on. However, once she told us what to do, everyone finished pretty quickly.

She kinda has me worried a bit, she kept saying that she is not liable if anyone of us gets sick and that we are all responsible to keep contamination to a minimum. What the F kinda instructions are those! I think there was a greater danger of contamination from whatever bacteria culture we were playing with since now people were shaking trying to be extra careful.

I did enjoy playing with the Bacti-cinerator. Its like a flame-thrower to kill bacteria!

Ok, its nothing like a flame-thrower (it looks more like a space heater shaped like a hair dryer), but I really thought the name was manly.



Fire shoots out of the hole you see to the left! And of course when I say "shoots out" I mean that the tube gets hot and you stick the needle in there. No real shooting fire.

Food related note: I think I have to pull the ring off of Chipotle. I had it the other day (first time in probably 4 months or so) and I wasn't impressed. Mind you, I wasn't necessarily disappointed, but the rice didn't do it for me as much as I remember. No, you may wonder what type of rice can "do it for me", but if you like a hint of lime, I'm sure you'd surely appreciate the lime/cilantro favoring of Chiptole rice. I don't know, this time it didn't bring it. Maybe the formula is different here in the Midwest. The lime and cilantro may be toned down out here. It would make sense...shoot, I don't believe I really tasted cilantro until I moved out west.

With another radical temperature drop today...I was outside working on my tan in the 80 degree sun yesterday to the rainy 40 degree day today...I decided to take a drive up Mulholland and amend the HOLLYWOOD sign.

Just in case anyone was wondering...



SLTSFMM

(Hilarious video...please check it out here. Its a funny take on an Indian Music video, it makes absolutely no sense but is entertaining. My brother showed it too me a while back and was laughing again at it today)


Who put a goat in there
The yellow goat I ate
My loony bun is fine Benny Lava
Minor bun engine made Benny Lava

"Benny Lava" by Buffalax (Not a real song or real musical artist/group)

No comments:

Post a Comment