Thursday, March 5, 2009

Don't like the weather...

...Just wait 5 minutes.

That is the standard Midwestern saying regarding the weather: "Don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes." After living in Southern California where there is really just one long season, broken up by a few weeks of rain/wind/fire/extreme heat/race riots, I'm now fully immersed back into the Midwestern way of things. To help illustrate the point further...it snowed a few days ago and it was around 20 degrees on Tuesday. Today...



Can't beat that with a bat! 75 degrees!

I even clicked the "Columbia Live Webcams" again and it looks like Cow is really enjoying the weather as well.



And the cow says: "Moo-moo-mizzou...and can I get sun tan lotion bro?"

Notice that Cow is rocking his Mizzou hat after a great Tiger basketball win over #5 Oklahoma last night. I wish I could have gone to the game last night but I had a Final and Lab Practical.

Speaking of which, I've finished one midterm (with another midterm in about an hour), a final and the final lab practical. My first Quarterly class, Biology, is finished now. I'm pretty sure I got A's in lecture and the lab. Barring any catastrophe (like if I didn't put my name on the test sheet, or if I accidentally started on #2 on the SCANTRON sheet) I should have started my college-redux in style.

I'm currently on a wait list to get into Microbiology. This has severe implications for my summer. If, I cannot get into the class for this upcoming quarter, I will take it here over the summer (along with Diet & Nutrition at Mizzou). This means any summer plans I may have been formulating may evaporate.

More news on this as it happens...

As I mentioned earlier I still have one midterm to go then my weekend can begin! I have a physiology lab Friday mornings but these are pretty brain dead, mostly busy work. All I have to do is muddle through my anatomy mid-term about the nervous system.

Unfortunately, I am the least confident going into this test. Admittedly, with the Bio finals and my Physiology midterm, I haven't devoted as much time to Anatomy. I think knowing that I have over 100% in the class and that we get to drop our worst test (midterm included), I've been lax on my desire to ace this test.

I'm hopefully and I'm pretty sure I'll get at least a B. With my pops being a Neurologist, we were introduced to brain terms relatively early on. My parents used to own a lot of Parakeets and Cockatiels (tho many of them are now flying around on a big farm in heaven). My dad decided to name many of them after various parts of the brain and spinal column. And you wonder where we get our "nerdiness" from.

I recall that Amigdala was one of the favorites, as he was very comfortable around people. He would often climb up your arm and sit on your shoulder while you went about your day. Haha, I remember my dad looking like a pirate as he did the dishes with a parakeet on his shoulder.

Alas, I should cram in some last minute memorization attempts. Right now I don't know Acoustic Vestibulocochlear Nerve from my Glossopharyngeal Nerve. And, thats like not knowing your ass from your elbow, people.

Oh, big weekend coming up. My grandma's 80th birthday and we're having a relatively big family reunion. Time to see all my younger cousins who are getting taller than me...those rat bastards!


SLTSFMM:

I wish I was like six foot nine
So I can get with Leoshi
Cause she don't know me, but yo she's really fine
Yo I see her all the time
Everywhere I go, and even in my dreams
I can scheme a way to make her mine

"I wish" by Skee-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment