Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring UNBROKEN?

Wow, I feel like an old man. I woke up on this morning at 7:12 am, grabbed a bowl of cereal (a tasty mix of Cracklin Oat Bran and Cheerio's) and a glass of OJ, then I read the newspaper. All this on a Saturday morning...really need to get a life!

Oh well...

This post is in response to an earlier post where I was lamenting the possible lack of a spring break. Well, it looks like karma is a b!tch because while it looks like I will now have a spring break, I may have this week vacation while sacrificing any long summer vacation plans I may have been hatching (ala spending 3 weeks in California).

So, you're all probably waiting, with rapt attention (wait, did I use that correctly? I know atleast one person who will grammar police me) to find out where I'll be spending my spring break. Since I get a free week, I've decided to follow the Girls Gone Wild bus.

I'll be "breakin" at Mi Padre Island! Its close to South Padre Island. Just slightly a few miles to the North and West. And of course, by a few miles, I mean 1091.



A few interesting tidbits about Mi Padre Island and some small differences between the two locales.

1) Instead of the Gulf of Mexico, an ocean of farmland surrounds Mi Padre Island

2) The alcohol served at Mi Padre Island isn't the cheapest beer available (Nat Lite = used toilet water) its usually fine red wines with a rating of 90 points and above

3) The only "wet t-shirt" on Mi Padre Island is the one I'm wearing when I fall asleep in front of the TV and drool onto my own chest

and most importantly and most saddening...

4) Instead of flocks of highly intoxicated and morally "flexible" young women, Mi Padre Island is solely populated by an older, cerebral Filipino neurologist (my mom is in the Bay Area to help my sister with her upcoming move...more on that later)

Anyone up for a riveting game of Scrabble? 4 letter minimum required.



Well, at least the News Media has finally caught on.

Mid terms finished up this past week and I'm pretty sure I bombed my Anatomy lab practical. It seems that almost everyone in the class felt uncertain about their grade and thought it was the toughest test yet.

I would have to agree, I'm thinking I got a C on it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it will definitely put a dent in my 101% in the class so far. Oh well, I only need 90% for an A so I have a few points to give.

Now, the reason I now have my spring break back is because I was unable to add Microbiology for this next quarter. I'm currently second on the wait list and have to hope that at least 2 people find the class too challenging and drop it before the quarter progresses too much further. Shoot, its only an 8 week course so even if I only miss 3 or 4 lectures, that's already a 1/4 of the class.

I'll be catching a lot of basketball now that Mizzou is making noise again in the post season. That is really one great thing about being back in the Midwest. I'll be able to catch a lot of MU sports. Also, I'll be able to see some Cardinals (baseball) and Chiefs (football) games over the next couple years.

So, my sister's move that I alluded to. My brother-in-law was offered and accepted a job a Bungie. This is the video game company that makes the HALO games (Yeah, fraking awesome!) so they will be moving their little family up to Seattle. Things are really moving and shaking I tell ya!

Ok, I've got a few movies to watch before the Mizzou game later today. I know, I know, its tough when you're such an International Playboy like I am...not enough hours in the day I tell ya!

Oh, the SLTSFMM today goes out to the person who actually sat through and watched ALL of the Karate Kid movies in one afternoon...sad situation.

SLTSFMM

I was a superhero, king of 1985
I showed no mercy, I was always Cobra Kai
But I caught a crane kick to the face, uh huh
I guess he sealed my fate, when he said
Sweep the leg, Johnny

"Sweep the Leg" by No More Kings

1 comment:

  1. You're just jealous that you couldn't watch Mr. Miyagi's greatness for 8 straight hours.

    Wow, I really do need to get a life.

    ReplyDelete