Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Time wasters...

So, I'm just killing time until I have to take my TEAS test. It's roughly 2 hours away and I'm ready for it. I had a good week of final review and took several practice tests. Again, its pretty much another SAT or ACT (depending on what side of the country you went to high school). Since I've already knocked out a GMAT and GRE (both of which I never put to any use by the way), I'm not too worried about this test.

I was thinking about working out now, but knowing my stupidity I'd probably end up straining a muscle and being uncomfortable during the test. So, I decided just to chill and head to campus a little early. Its an over cast day and its been raining off and on all day, but atleast the temperature is down in the 70's.

To help me kill time I've actually been frequenting a couple websites that I thought I'd share in case you haven't been there and need to kill some time. I usually jump onto these sites to have a quick giggle and to waste a few minutes of my life. If you "checked" yes to both criteria I suggest you pop on over to Texts from last night and FAIL blog.

Texts from last night is supposedly where people post text messages they received from the previous night's debauchery. Yes, I'm sure a lot of it is manufactured by people trying to be funny, but I'm sure there is a lot of truth in those text messages.

It made me realize a few things:

1) There are a LOT of whorish people out there
2) There are a LOT of people who get completely wasted out there
3) Why am I not a part of this LOT of people?

Here are a few of my favorites:

"(919): Seriously. Destroy her vagina. Do it like an angry baboon mating with a gentle manatee. "
Wow...you can't get much more descriptive than that. That is an awesome pre-intercourse pep talk. I was about to photoshop a descriptive picture of a baboon in the throws of passion with a manatee...but I thought its best to leave it to the imagination of the reader.

"(724): also, i may or may not be wearing a cape right now. hint: i am."

This could easily have been me after 4 too many Yeagerbombs.
"(205): woke up this morning wit a massive hangover. walked to my truck and found at least 35 for sale signs, a stop sign, and a julie kim sign...need answers
(1-205): yea, you decided to become a real estate agent last night on the way home from the party. You started bitchin about how Julie Kim was stealing all your buisness...."

Seriously though, Julie Kim is probably the best realestate agent in the tri-county area.

Failblog is just a bunch of pictures and video's people send in about "failures". I'm sure some of it is photoshopped, but much of it is entertaining none the less.

One that I thought was funny since I was actually looking at a children's maze book (not working on it, it was just near by!).


Hmm, looking at a maze with no solution makes me want to watch the Labrynth again. Jennifer Connelly is HOT!

Speaking of Jennifer Connelly, I finally watched He's just not that into you. I give it 2 Strictor heads.


It definitely had some cute storylines. Pretty cool ensamble cast. But damn, it really makes me not want to get married. Maybe just being together without having the whole wedding ordeal is ok. This on top of hearing from a childhood friend that he's going thru a divorce as well. I guess my stance is that I'm going to be damn sure I'm ready before taking the plunge. However, my favorite storyline in the movie is between Jennifer Aniston and Ben Afflect.

Well, I guess I'll start getting myself into "test taking" mode. FYI, that means I'll probably go take a dump and watch a movie from Netflix. Wish me luck!

SLTSFFM

In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide
And your voice was all I heard that I get what I deserve

"New Divide" by Linkin Park


No comments:

Post a Comment