Friday, July 17, 2009

Dora is a crackhead...

OK, Dora the Explorer isn't a crackhead, but after watching way too many hours of Dora over the past week or so, I think I'm going a little batty. First, I think it would make for a hilarious drinking game, and it would probably be very entertaining to watch if you were high. I'm pretty sure in today's episode the characters kept singing that they needed to get to "Cocaine Island". However, I was up pretty early to watch this episode so I could be mistaken.


"Hey kids, can you say Ya-yo? Ya-yo!". Bet you didn't know that Diego packs an Uzi!

I must admit though, the creators of Dora do have a great formula that captivates children (and simple minded people like me for that matter). I found myself answering the questions Dora and Diego would ask, and I've been repeating "Backpack, backpack, backpack" in a sing-song way in my head all day. Freaky...

I'm taking a quick break from studying to blog. I'm finishing up some final review for my TEAS test on Tuesday. So far so good. I should be ok as long as I don't start rushing through it. Sometimes during the practice tests I start getting bored or something and made some silly mistakes. Funny thing, I don't remember ever learning about sentence structure (you know, all that dependent clause and subject/predicate BS) during JR High or High school. Hmm, maybe I was in the Philippines during those lessons.

The rain was really dumping on us today. There are a lot of sky lights in my parents house so the sound of rain drops get really amplified. Its good though, the rain had been missing their town so we needed a good storm. Also, with the cold Northern air, its cooled down the temperature considerably. We're in the 70's today, albiet with overcast skies. Hopefully the rain stays away tomorrow so I can go mow the lawn again.

I plan to head back to Columbia on Sunday. I was going to leave today but decided to extend my stay a bit. This way I can spend more time with my parents, sister and my two adorable nieces. The little one was suffering through a bit of an elevated temperature so they took her to the clinic this morning. Thankfully she's fine, nothing a little bit of baby Tylenol can't help with.

That's all for me right now, its time to take a comprehensive test. Then, maybe go try and catch the new Harry Potter movie (hard life I know!). Best synopsis review I read about that movie: Horny teens pretend to care about Voldemort. Awesome!

SLTSFMM:

I'm tired of all this round and round we go
You can't decide if you manna be trife or treat me right
So round and round we go
While I decide that I don't wanna ride anymore
I'm sick and tired of you taking me
Round and round we go

"Round and Round" by Ne Yo

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. I used to babysit this little girl who loved Dora. We spent the night watching back-to-back episodes. For days I couldn't get "Delicioso!" out of my head.

    ReplyDelete