Friday, September 11, 2009

2009: The Big Decision

Hello denizens of cyberspace! I haven't been able to post anything lately so I thought it was overdue. The last month has been pretty action packed. Between a 10 day trip to the left coast and home renovations/moving into my new/old condo, its been pretty busy. Busy, but extremely fun.

Yes, even the renovations were somewhat enjoyable. There is some satisfaction with working with your hands sometimes, and figuring out how to do things like laying tile, installing light fixtures, and watching your work transform a place. Damn, I really wish I had taken "before & after" pictures so I could brag about the drastic change that metamorphosed the apartment.

Oh well...back to the topics of the blog. BIG DECISIONS!

You maybe wondering which decisions I may be referring. There are many to choose from and probably many worthy of conversation.

Could I be talking about the much debated health care reform? Nah, my thoughts would probably be drowned out by zealot conservatives who just shout whatever the fuck Fox news tells them to shout.

Could I be talking about buying Chiefs football tickets? I must solemnly admit that the prospect of spending that cash and the 2 hour drive to watch some pretty shitty football is not that appealing.

Could I be talking about a decision that has vexed me for weeks: should I get a hair cut? Maybe, but more on this later.

No, the Big Decision I refer to pierces the very center of any red blooded male. Its a soul wrenching decision. A conjurer of rifts. A passionate deliberation. A tragic controversy. A life altering amalgamation of doubt, indecision and remorse.

Just what the hell am I talking about?

Whether you choose the cute and wholesome blonde girl next door - or - the sexy, rich but spoiled brunette...

This is the question that has perplexed man for decades...nay, centuries.

It seems the decision is clear...at least according to Archie.


Archie has proposed to Veronica. And in a sucky coincidence Betty happened to be walking by at the most inopportune moment. Thus ending a nearly 70 year tug of war between Betty and Veronica. Personally, I would have chosen the blondie. But this could be because I've made a recent choice to try and pursue the Anglo-Saxon variety of the fairer sex.

Why do I bring this up when I don't read or even like the comic? I guess I found it interesting that the writers decided to buck convention a bit, and decided that the hero would not choose the "girl-next-door". Did Archie feel that Betty was better off as a friend? Did Archie want to inherit the fortune that Veronica's parents possess (I've probably been reading too many murder mysteries lately)? Did Veronica's snide bitchiness win over Betty's wholesome longing? Maybe Betty didn't do anal. Who can be sure?



Read the caption and you decide why Archie may have chosen the girl who walks around in her pajamas. Two words for you: Sexually Liberated.

I'm sure some grad students will use Archie's decision as the basis of their sociological dissertation so we needn't get into it further. However, it would be a pretty interesting dilemma to have. If I were Archie I would really have gravitated towards the phrase: menage a trois.

Now, about my hair...

It seems that after a poll completed by US Weekly, its nearly unanimous that I should shear off my luscious locks.


Photo credits: Chase Guazonater.

Alas, I will succumb to the whim of the masses...back to the faux hawk I suppose. And just when I was able to pull it all up into a top knot, DAMMIT!

Not much new to report out here in the Red States. Luckily, I was probably able to visit with many of you who are reading this now. If not, I do apologize and hope we get to meet up in the future. I'm sure I'll have much more exciting events to regale you with soon.

That's it for now...Boy Gaga out!

SLTSFMM

Someone like you and all you know and how you speak,
Countless lovers under cover of the street,
You know that I could use somebody,
You know that I could use somebody,
Someone like you,

"Use somebody" by Kings of Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment