Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stuffed my face...

Its hump day...unfortunately I'm not really humping anything. According to our trusty WikiPedia "An American English idiom for Wednesday is "hump day", a reference to making it through to the middle of the work week as getting "over the hump."

But, since my Wednesday is pretty much like my Monday or Saturday or Thursday...

Most of my family here is leaving today for Long Island NY to watch the Golf US Open. My uncle's godson actually qualified so they are heading up there to watch some golf. My uncle and two female cousins are actually avid golfers. I'm hoping to pick up more pointers over the summer. My uncle actually taught me how to play (and play pretty decently) in the Philippines, but that was nearly a decade ago. Since I'm so DIESEL now, I have to re-learn my swing, cause my arms are so massively burdened with muscles. =P

So, other than taking up golfing again (they actually have a pretty cool set up in the back yard with a fake tee and netting), and studying for that TEAS test next month, nothing too exciting going on.

Oh, in case I hadn't mentioned before, my LASIK surgery is next Tuesday the 23rd. I'm highly excited about it. I do plan to keep my frames. I'll just have the lenses taken out and replaced with regular sun glass frames. I may turn my real glasses into fake glasses, so I can still strike an intellectual pose should the need arise.

This past weekend was pretty entertaining. We did end up hitting a club. Honestly, I had a good time because I was with fun people. Though I did feel old I still hit up the dance floor. There is a young Filipino guy here who can dance pretty well, I was impressed. In case you were wondering what I look like when I troll the dance floor, here's some pretty good imagery for you:

I prefer the dance "Who put the fork in the garbage disposal".

After the dinner, drinking and the club we headed over to a buddy's place for more drinking, beer pong and a wonderful new game I was introduced to: Hillbilly Golf. I think we're going to start a league. =)

You basically throw the "bolos" and try to snag one of the 3 rungs. Damn those Hillbillies were creative folk!

Here are some instructions on how to set it up and the rules of the game. Its a pretty simple and fun game. Perfect for drunk people at 3 am.

Oops, I was going to blog about the food I ate during the two road trips but I need to go help load up the SUV. I'll get to the food later.

Happy hump day people!

No comments:

Post a Comment