Sunday, October 18, 2009

Manly things...

I realized that my recent blogging has been somewhat related to musicals and, how shall I say it, "fruitier" subjects. So I thought I'd take time to blog about some more masculine topics.

You know, like football and guns, and of course my favorite activity...SMASHING HOES!


Yeah, you know you like that.

I am currently trying to bake some cod fish fillets. I've been cooking mostly with tilapia and salmon but I decided to go outside the box and change things up a bit. So far its not looking too good. The cod didn't seem to be cooked thru enough so I just left it in the oven for a little longer.

I had been using a special concoction of soy sauce, sesame seed oil, sweet chili sauce, lemon pepper and garlic salt, to season the fish. But this time I decided to be lazy and just slather the fish in a store bought "sweet and sour" sauce. I think the store bought stuff is having some weird chemical reaction to the natural cod oils and the EVOO I used to grease the pan.

Wait, let me go check on the fish. Oh, cod definitely has more of a "fishy" smell.

OK, I'm back. The fish looks ok, edible to say the least. I wasn't planning on having cod sushi tonight that's why I decided on throwing it in the uveb longer. I probably won't ever use that sauce to bake with anymore. The sauce totally fucked up my Paula Deen baking sheet! Oh wait, I'm supposed to be more masculine in this post...damn.

Fine, lets talk some football! Mizzou lost again on Saturday. It wasn't a shocker, I didn't anticipate a win but it was disappointing none the less since they clearly had good opportunities to win this game. Unfortunately, they kinda pissed it away.

I'm extremely hyped for this coming weekend however. As some of you may know, I'll have a few out of state guests coming into town. While we will probably witness an epic beatdown from Texas on homecoming (I thought you were supposed to schedule pansy teams on Homecoming) hopefully we'll be inebriated enough not to care very much. Most people are expecting a pretty horrendous loss so I think most will be having a good time regardless of the score.

On the plus side of it being Homecoming weekend...we won't be the only older people there. SWEET!

The weather will likely determine how much outdoor activities we can do, since rain is predicted off and on during the week. But there is a pretty sick cornfield maze that I hope be able to visit. It will be a muddy and kid filled affair though. Below is a picture of this years maze (they change it yearly).


If you get separated from the group, meet up at the tiger's nose.

So the weekend will mostly be spent eating and drinking. There are several "local" spots that we'll go to check out the local cuisine.

There will be some tailgating prior to the game, with lots and lots of alcohol. I've actually been saving my liver for the past couple weekends in preparation of the liquor bombardment that I'm anticipating. We'll see how this old man handles it.

That's all for now.

SLTSFMM (courtesy of my brother since I try not to listen to MC anymore, but this song is fly)

Vacant inside, no one was there
Couldn't be real, had to keep quiet
Once in a while, put up a fight
It's just too much, night after night

"Side Effects" by Mariah Carey



1 comment:

  1. why not MC? she's the ish. have u listened to H.A.T.E.U. remix? "...can't wait to hate u..." with the whole my boo melody thang going on. i likey. anyway jus wanted to leave a comment. guess who...it's the cooler sister haha. have fun this wkend w/ the oc krew. go smash some hoes!!! haha

    ReplyDelete