Friday, October 16, 2009

How can I breathe with no air...

Ok the title of this post doesn't really make any sense. But I just watched yesterday's episode of Glee on Hulu.com and it was one of the featured songs. This show is officially my new guilty pleasure. I just have no idea how it will last several seasons. I hope it does, and I guess that's why I'm not a writer.

I think its tough when you have a show dealing with kids in high school since they eventually have to graduate. I think that's what will be difficult about Friday Night Lights (another great show). All the characters that people have identified with are set to graduate and they really haven't introduced many replacement characters.

Oh well, that's my TV rant. But definitely catch episodes of Glee if you haven't already. Its definitely 3 strictor heads worthy.

On a sucky note, I think my clutch gave out today. I was heading out to run some errands when I suddenly couldn't shift into 1st or 2nd gear. Thankfully the engine was still running and I was close enough to home that I could get it there in 3rd gear. Guess I have a trip to the mechanic in the morning, good times. But, the positive is that I won't be the designated driver this weekend.

Hopefully there will be more people out and about this weekend though. Because it was the first really cold weekend, there weren't very many folks out last week.

Actually, I guess I'm not completely done talking about Glee related topics. After their rendition of Don't Stop Believing it got me thinking about my favorite Journey songs.

Journey was a truly awesome 80's band who's popularity may never go away. I would assume that most people would share my view and probably have these same songs in their top 3, maybe just in a differing order.

First some Honorable Mentions:

Any Way You Want It & Separate Ways

Nevertheless, here is Reset Button's Favorite Journey Songs:

#3. Faithfully

This is just an awesome love song. It has the required 80's guitar riffs and the appropriate amounts of whiny "whoa whoa oooohhhhaaaa".

Strictors Favorite lyrics:

Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscoverin' you
Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

#2. Don't Stop Believing

I really should try and learn the piano part so that if I ever get into a public area with a piano i could start playing. I guarantee that at least half of the people will start singing. This was a very close second by the way.

Strictors Favorite lyrics:

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

#1. Open Arms

This gets the slight nod over Don't Stop Believe because open arms is my go-to karaoke duet song. This is my go-to song because its slow and I can usually sing soft enough so you hear the girl more. I bet that even if a guy screwed up his relationship if he could actually sing this song and have some dude play piano next to him, I'm pretty sure he could get his girl back for any reason short of murder.

Strictors Favorite lyrics:

How much I want you home
But now that you've come back
Turned night into day
I need you to stay


Here's a parting question for you:

Would you want to have an awesome singing voice but have a very nasty speaking voice?

For example if you're a girl you would have a very deep, manish voice and guys would have an high-pitched, elfin voice with a slight lisp.

I think I'd be ok with it. Though I might pretend that my life is a musical and just sing all the time...then again, that might have the opposite effect on the ladies than I intended.

SLTSFMM

I like when you do this to me
Make me wanna tear it up
The way you move me, it's music to me
I just wanna turn it up
Higher level, highest level, feel like I can't be without you
Take you to a bass in no time
My body on your's, and your's on mine

"Switch" by Ciara

1 comment:

  1. How can anyone not love Glee? Best new show this season! Did you watch it tonight? I love Mr. Schuester.

    ReplyDelete