Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ding! Did you hear that? I leveled up!


Sadly, it looks like I'm only Level 2...

Man, I've really fallen off the blog'o'sphere lately. I suppose consider it a mix of laziness, apathy and general lack of anything entertaining or pertinent to say. I'm thinking things will start picking up a bit as the summer winds down since I'll be back to school at the end of August. I'll be taking two final pre-requisite courses at Mizzou and reapplying for the accelerated bachelor's of nursing program for next year.

I'll be taking a Diet and Nutrition course, which should be the lighter of the two courses as well as a Pharmocology class. I'll be taking the Pharm class with Pre-Med students so I anticipate a high degree of competitiveness and general snobbery. Honestly, I'm not even sure why we need a Pharmocology class, I mean, isn't the whole class pretty much teaching us how to count out pills? (Wink Wink Jenee!)

I'm looking forward to classes again. I've gotten in somewhat of a good groove with work. Though my body and sleeping schedule are still pretty jacked up by working the overnight shift, I definitely don't mind it. Honestly, the only thing I don't really like about working weekend nights is the looming possibility of missing weekend football games (I should join the 21st century and get a TIVO or something).

As many of you probably know (or may have forgotten already) I just recently gained another year of earthly experience...or more commonly referred to as "celebrated my birthday". I would wager that most of you feel like I do, that as we age, the celebratory milestones become further and further apart.

When you're young there are many birthdays to look forward to:

Age 1: You're peeing all over the place and trying to make cute sounds, you probably sleep a lot

Age 2: You have teeth and are probably babbling incoherently...still peeing all over the place.

Age 5: Congrats you've lasted longer than most marriages in the US! More than likely you have a pretty crappy haircut at this juncture

Age 10: You've officially survived a decade on Earth and you should be potty trained by now...sadly, some of you aren't

Age 12: The last year of childhood before you turn into a teenager, you had no real responsibilities or cares...and you wasted it. Good job.

Age 13: Your first year as a teenager...and maybe some pubes! Hormones start kicking in, some of you turn into whores

Age 16: You're probably learning how to drive and how to run stuff over (hopefully not people). Some of you are even bigger whores by now (and I mean the guys too).

Age 18: You're an adult! Well, according the government you are, but you're probably still a dumbass/whorish/irresponsible/self-centered child. But its OK, because you know everything at this point

Age 21: You can now legally do what you've been doing for a long time already...yes, I'm talking about masturbating (you sick, sick puppy). Interestingly, you are also still peeing all over the place and trying to make cute sounds and you probably sleep a lot

Age 25: You probably have a job that you hate going to by now and you still want to party, though some of you have married and/or have children and still want to party

Age 30: Well, its down hill from here...wait dammit, 30 is the new 20! Or at least that's what 30 year olds say. Ideally, you've matured past the dumbass/whorish/irresponsible/self-centered child that you were...but odds are, if you're just like me, then you haven't. Cheers!


Well, I really can't go much further than that. It would be inappropriate for me to comment on the 40's since I'm years, YEARS, away from hitting that mark. If you don't know how old I am I'll give you a little clue. I was born in the year of the Snake. Since there are a finite number of possibilities I'm sure you'll be able to figure out the date.

My birthday itself was quite tame compared to years past. I worked all weekend so going out to celebrate wasn't much of an option. My brother did come down and visit so we were able to go get some sushi before my Sunday shift. Speaking of sushi...I've really been on a huge fish eating kick for a while. Since I don't really buy "land meat" (as my brother calls it), I don't eat much of it anymore. Its not that I'm against meat or turning pescaterian (sp?), I just don't have it as much...though I am craving a burger right now.

I was quite surprised by the women from work though. When I came in Saturday night they had brought in a large amount of food and CAKE! There was even a sign up wishing me a happy 21st birthday. It's kind of a running gag that they ask nearly every single patient to guess my age. Thanks to my Asian blood I typically get labeled a 24 year old. I'll rarely get 18 and some more astute (ie. less drugged up) patients correctly guess I'm over the hill.

Well, its morning again and I'm heading out to the driving range. I've yet to play an actual round of golf but I'm slowly getting a good feel for my swing. My goal is to just be able to finish a round without completely destroying my clubs or the grounds.

Keep on truckin folks! Level up!

SLTSFMM

I can go anywhere
But you are not
The one who's led astray
I watch with half-closed eyes
While you just seem
To drift so far away

"Stone" by Sepiamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment