Thursday, August 13, 2009

Damn, Labels Suck!

As we were putting in the final touches on the condo renovation (more on that later), my cousin really put me in my place.

It seems that I will actually have a roomie while I'm going to school here. I have a female cousin who will be entering her freshman year as well. Since her family lived in town they had decided to save money by not putting her in the dorms. This of course bummed her out considerably.

This prompted me, being a knight in shinning armor, to let them know that I would be O.K. with her staying at my condo if she wanted too. Of course she jumped at the chance at moving out of the house and being able to live off campus immediately. I did say however, that I wished she could have lived in a dorm; for this was something I didn't get to do at all and I feel like I missed out on some memories.

Honestly, me volunteering to share one of the two extra bedrooms was a bit selfish. My cousin can cook and I know she'll help keep the place clean.

Alas, back to the "putting me in check"...

As we were doing some final painting touch ups I decided to bring up some rules for our living situation.

Jokingly (OK, maybe not completely jokingly), I told her I didn't want any "dudes, bro's, homies," or anything with a Y chromosome coming over after dark. But, I advised that I would be completely amenable to any bikini clad coed's that she might need to bring over for a study session.

She turned and said wryly:

"And then what? I'll introduce you as my MIDDLE AGED cousin who's back in school again?"

GOD DAMN! I guess REALITY really is the biggest game buster.

When the hell did I turn middle aged? F it all to HELL!

Quick update on the renovations. I just recently got home and showered, I was there till about 2 am to finish painting the stairs. Granted that I was pretty high on paint fumes, but I think the stairs came out looking pretty good. Can't remember if I mentioned this earlier, but instead of carpeting or putting laminate flooring on the stairs, we just kept them wood and I painted them black.

The condo is looking very modern, I sure it is the coolest looking one in the entire complex. All that is left to do is to clean the place up from top to bottom, then get some furniture up in that place.

Oh well, I'd better get to bed. I'm heading back to my parents house in Hays and I'm leaving for Kansas City tomorrow so I can take my brother to the airport on Friday. I also have to start packing for CALIFORNIA!

SLTSFFM

When its time to live and let die,
And you can't get another try,
Something inside the heart has died,
You're in ruins,

"21 Guns" by Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment